A great way to show your gut and liver some love. Ginger supports the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut, and also lowers inflammation in the gut. Apple cider vinegar helps to promote the production of digestive secretions to aid digestion.
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 slices of fresh ginger
- ½ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 drops of liquid stevia
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Add all the ingredients to 500mL of boiling water and stir to combine. You can also pop it i nthe fridge and drink it cold.
Creamy Turmeric Latte
Turmeric latte’s have become all the rage over the last few years, but for good reason. Turmeric helps to lower inflammation, promote gut healing and supports the gut microbiome.
- 1 cup of almond milk, or your milk of choice
- ½ tsp turmeric (we recommend Nature’s Shield Organic Turmeric Powder)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch of ground ginger
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Optional: 4 drops of Vanilla liquid Stevia or ½ tsp of honey
- Optional: a sprinkle of black pepper to help boost the absorption of turmeric
- Add the milk to a small saucepan over a medium heat. Once warm add the rest of the ingredients, stir for 1 minute and then remove from the heat.
- Pour into your favourite mug and enjoy!
Stress-Busting Matcha Latte
Stress can be present at any time in our lives and can impact everything from sleep to digestion. Matcha is very high in L-theanine, an amino acid that helps the body cope with stress, lowers anxiety levels and can help in the treatment of insomnia.
- 1 tsp matcha powder (we LOVE Matcha Maiden)
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 cup warm oat milk, or dairy free milk of your choice
- Drizzle of honey
- Add the matcha powder to a mug and add the hot water. Whisk until no lumps remain.
- Add the warm oat milk and drizzle with honey.
- Whisk again until a light foam forms on top.
- Sip, enjoy and relax!
The Ultimate Creamy Vanilla Chai Latte
This is the ultimate cosy beverage for the winter season! The perfect drink to accompany you on the couch under a blanket. This latte is both dairy and refined sugar free, so your body will love it too.
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 pinch ground cardamom
- 3 medjool dates (pitted)
- 3 drops Vanilla liquid Stevia (optional)
- 2 vanilla pods
- 4 small cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup cashews, soaked overnight
- Heat the coconut milk in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Add all of the ingredients except the cashews and stir gently to combine. Remove from heat.
- Pour the mix into a heat safe blender and add the cashews. Blend until smooth and frothy. Serve in a mug and sprinkle with more cinnamon if desired.
Supercharged Superfood Hot Chocolate
This drink is a much healthier alternative to a regular hot chocolate and is PACKED with the good stuff. Cacao supports both the brain and the cardiovascular system with its antioxidant properties. Turmeric supports the immune system and is a powerful anti-inflammatory. It is also a wonderfully warming spice. Ghee not only adds a wonderful creaminess to this hot chocolate, it’s also rich in nutrients including vitamins A, E, K and essential fatty acids.
- 1 cup unsweetened oat or almond milk
- ½ cup full-fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 1.5 tbsp raw, unsweetened cacao powder (we love the Power Superfoods Cacao)
- 1 tsp ghee (or coconut oil for a dairy free option)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup or Walden Farms Maple Syrup
- Optional: Top with coconut whipped cream and an extra sprinkle of cinnamon and turmeric
- Add all of the ingredients minus what you put on top into a small saucepan over a low to medium heat and whisk well until warm and combined.
- Pour into two mugs and top with coconut whipped cream and a sprinkle of spices. Enjoy!